Sunday, April 24, 2011

If I am preagnant, how much Tuna can an eat without a fear of Mercury affecting the health of my child


If I am preagnant, how much Tuna can an eat without a fear of Mercury affecting the health of my child?
I am only a few weeks into preagnancy
Pregnancy - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
my doctor told me a can once a week
2 :
http://kidshealth.org/PageManager.jsp?dn=mainlinehealth&lic=34&cat_id=5&article_set=49929
3 :
This question is really for your OB but honestly--I've had three babies and I ate tuna throughout all three pregnancies...because for the first two I didn't know and the third one..well..I kind of craved fish. All of my babies are healthy and fine. But I did ask my OB and she told me one tuna fish sandwich a week was fine for me. But definitely don't go against your Doctor's advice. That is what they went to medical school for! Good luck.
4 :
you can eat it but you shoudn't eat it no more than 2x week
5 :
1 serving a week of larger fish such as tuna but smaller seafood such as prawns dont contain as much mercury and can be eaten a bit more often. basically the way i was told the smaller the fish the lower the risk. tuna can cet v big, stay away from shark and swordfish and im not so sure bout oysters but i would avoid those entirely eat 1 portion of mackeral or kippers a week and u get all your omega fats etc and its good for yours and babys brain and heart.
6 :
Typically one can a week is fine. Keep in mind that Albacore has higher levels of mercury than the normal variety.
7 :
don't eat ANY says my mother.





Read more discussions :