Thursday, April 24, 2008

Do social conservatives know that it is better for the health of the child to have young parents


Do social conservatives know that it is better for the health of the child to have young parents?
It seems like those of us who are waiting to have children until we are financially stable are at greater risk of having children with chronic diseases. The father's age is important to the health of the child. Autism, when it is not already in the family, is related to older fathers. So are many cancers, and other disease affecting the nervous system. Are women interested in this? There is much research over many years, but preventing disease is not financially profitable so it is under the radar screen. Younger does not mean teenage to me, it means 22-35. Older mean 36 and above.
Gender Studies - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I agree. It is much better if the parents are young. One of my biggest regrets is not getting married and having kids earlier. I would have more energy for my kids, and they don't care if you're rich, they care if you're there for them.
2 :
Interesting. In all the articles I've read on Autism- I have never heard the correlation with older fathers. I'm interested, but skeptical.
3 :
I don't think so, only when you are ready to have a child. Most young people aren't ready to have children and thus they become bad parents or absent parents, then where would the child be or to cope?
4 :
It is also responsible Adults thjat wait to have a Child so that they can raise them properly. The trend is no longer marrying and having kids in your early 20's, with many good reasons to.
5 :
yeah health and physical wise. but when you are older, you know more (assumption) and have more time to devote to parenting. I dont want to be one of those parents that have children as "friends" plus, i have never heard of a young couple trying for a baby, pregnancy is usually an "accident" at that age range My father was in his mid 50s when he had me, and because I was active as a child I kept him running even today in his 70s he still rides his bike and me and my little brother are healthy people! when your older you can devote more time and money to your child as far as health problems. the balance between childhood and career is more balanced when your older because you have the experience to gain jobs where as a youngster, you are still trying to get in the door
6 :
It's not good for the child's psychological health. Children who live with teen parents have a higher risk of being abused, therefore leading to behavioural and developmental complications down the line. (I'm a liberal, by the way.)
7 :
i guess it's a good thing i married a younger man, since i did wait 'till i was stable. ;)




Read more discussions :