Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What is the age cutoff of a child's health insurance under parents plan



What is the age cutoff of a child's health insurance under parents plan?
I just heard that President Obama signed into law that allows health insurance coverage for a child under a parents policy up to age 27. Is that correct?
Other - General Health Care - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
22
2 :
right now, its 23 if the child is still in school.ie college. Its a good thing for the age to be raised, I think. It makes sense, as most people that age do not think of it, nor can they afford it, and who pays when something terrible happens? the parents.
3 :
I would think as long as your enrolled into school or college that you could be under your parents plan
4 :
Depends on the particular plan. I was allowed on my mother's health plan as long as I was a FT college student up to age 26.
5 :
It depends on what plan you have. I'm on my mother's plan until I'm 26, no matter what, college or no- but it's not the same across the board. You need to check with your or your parents' insurance provider.
6 :
Have a check first with your insurance company or your insurance agent. It actually depends on the insurance that your parents enrolled but usually 22 will be the cut off. If in college, you can still be covered provided that the insurance is permitting it ;) You can also find additional information on this one when you read on this site that i use for insurance references ;) Hope this one helps! Goodluck on you :)
7 :
23 if you are full time student. If not full time student 21.



Read more discussions :