Sunday, February 24, 2008

Can my child get Medicaid or Child Health Plus


Can my child get Medicaid or Child Health Plus?
I live outside of the US right now for my husband's job. We are only in America for 2 months out of the year, but we're US citizens. Can my child receive Medicaid? We make a lot of money, but I don't want to get a regular insurance for only 2 months each year. Should I apply before my son is born or wait until he is born and we're in America? How long does it take to be accepted for the insurance? My husband and I have insurance here in Austria, but not in America. I have no idea where to begin with finding insurance for our son for 2 months at a time. Thanks to the few of you who decided to give rude advice. This question has nothing to do with being cheap. If you could read, you'd see that it has to due with the fact that I DON'T LIVE IN AMERICA SO I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR INSURANCE! Thanks for nothing.
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you make a lot of money you will not be eligible for medicaid. Why would you want to apploy for medicaid. What kind of insurance do you and your husband have? You could add your child if you have it already
2 :
You may can get it on your child but you can't get it on yourself because your husband makes to much money. I applied for medicaid just recently and got accepted and it only took 3 or 4 weeks for my card to come in. Hoped this helped. Congrats!!!
3 :
Since it's pretty clear you make clearly more than the Medicaid requirement allows for you wouldn't be approved for it. Both of those things you mentioned are for children whose parents earnings are below the normal standard of living. Best bet, buy insurance.
4 :
Doesn't your husbands job have insurance? Child Health Plus and Medicaid are for low income families. If you make a lot of money then you wont qualify. What insurance do you have the rest of the year or don't you have insurance?
5 :
if you make alot of money then no they wont approve you and if you make alot of money then it should not matter what it will cost
6 :
If you make that much money then buy private health insurance. Seriously, how cheap are you?



Read more discussions :