Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Can someone recommend inexpensive child indepenent health insurance


Can someone recommend inexpensive child indepenent health insurance?
I've recently became legal guardian of my 17yo sister. My company will not allow me to add my 17yo sister on my insurance. Can someone recommend inexpensive independent child health insurance?
Cancer - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you are her legal guardian, then the state should help you because she's still considered a minor. So look into getting state aide, I'm sure they can help you. Good luck
2 :
A company can not keep you from adding your dependents onto your health insurance. You do have to wait until they have an open enrollment period.
3 :
Child only policies are fast becoming a thing of the past in response to the health care bill. In my state all companies are discontinuing child only policies and if you don't get one this month you are out of luck. Contact a local agent that works with all of the major companies in your area. The agent can find the best plan for her situation and budget if there are any plans still available