Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I need 60 days of health insurance for my child. Where is the best place to get such short term insurance


I need 60 days of health insurance for my child. Where is the best place to get such short term insurance?
He is being dropped from a private plan and my employer won't let me add him until open enrollment.
Insurance - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Check with Cobra for a short term plan like that. Unfortunately it is going to be very expensive with any company you decide to go with.
2 :
Medicad or Medical (state insurance)
3 :
go to the social security office and apply for emergency medical.. or regular medical..
4 :
Wrap him in bubble-wrap......j/k :-)
5 :
There are health insurance policies for exactly this purpose. They are called Short Term Medical, are typically for up to six months but can be renewed once if no claims are filed during the initial period, and are very easy to qualify for. Try www.assuranthealth.com for a quote.
6 :
I thought that as long as some is being droped or the insurance is terminating that the new insurance would automatically pick them up at least that is what my old insurance did. Try www.eHealthInsurance.com they have short term insurance coverage but I think it's 6 months I want to say I saw as low as 3 months last time I was in there check it out.





Read more discussions :