Thursday, November 12, 2009

How can I explain that not everyone is a good or nice person to my son who is a child with special health need



 



How can I explain that not everyone is a good or nice person to my son who is a child with special health need
How can I explain to my son that not everyone is a good person or a nice person tp my son who is a chid with special health needs.He smiles at everyone he is happy go lucky and people have not responed to him and he looks at them like why and I do not want someone out there hurting him and it hurts me when I see them not responding to him so how can I show him that people are not so nice. he is only 4 and is not talking yet and has a hearing loss..
Parenting - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That one is tough. I think he is too young to understand fully that other people are just not as happy or kind hearted as he is. That they have had a hard life full of trouble.... Wait it out a little.
2 :
God bless you for looking out for him. I think any parenting is hard but a special needs child can be a bit harder and I have an HUGE amounts of respect for you because I'm sure OTHER people are the biggest obstical. This is a very tough question...I would say I would just encourage him to keep being friendly. So what if others are mean? That's THEIR problem, he's not done a thing wrong. I'm accutally tearing up a bit just thinking about how terrible people can be. I had a friend w/ a little girl who had many physical problems and when people would stare the little girl would start talking to them because she assumed they were staring at her because they wanted to talk to her or knew her. My bottom line: Don't discourage your son from being who he is, somewhere along the lines of life he will learn on his own people are mean, and he may not care. Let him love life!!
3 :
Don't tell him people aren't nice.Tell him the truth.Tell him people don't understand and can't adapt to HIM.In other words tell him that some people are stupid and that he shouldn't discriminate against them for being slow.The only special health need is stupidity.
4 :
My son is autistic. It took a lot of time to teach him that one and he still doesn't get it fully. Sometimes, even though it breaks your heart, you have to let your child be rejected. Just keep explaining how special he is and not everyone's going to be friendly. I know it hurts you to see your child hurt or even confused be other people but you can't shield him forever. Just be patient. One day he'll understand that not everyone can be good and kind.
5 :
While at his age, you may not be able to explain an ugly heart of others to your little bubble of happy life, you can just tell him that some people have bad days. He may not understand nice and hateful, but maybe he will understand that some people are just not happy at times and that is why they act the way they do. Because they must be pretty miserable to not smile when they see such a beautiful little human. I know I do, special people make me smile inside and out. To know that even with special needs they can still hold their heads high and show so much love just brightens my day. Give him a great BIG hug for me and a smile!!!!!
6 :
ok Do This Tell Him Every Tree Have Bad Apple N Good Apple..So Just Like People Not All Of Them The Same Some Are Good n Nice And Some Are Bad ..
7 :
That's a hard question to answer... If he's only 4, I'd say try to keep him out of harms way and when you can no longer protect him you will have to talk to him about people out there... maybe for the mean time tell him when people have a bad day they forget to smile... God bless you and your son! And just so you know, if I saw your son, no matter who I was with I would have a contest with him for who can have a bigger smile... And I wouldnt complain if he won... Just be glad he's a happy kid! and hopefully he will be happy his entire life which later on will save you from the troubles of drugs, alcohol and suicide... Good Luck!
8 :
Does he notice that people aren't so friendly and nice? If he isn't noticing these things then don't point them out to him. He will notice them soon enough. When he does start to notice just tell them maybe that person is having a bad day, or tell him that some people are just unhappy and were not taught by their parents how to be nice. Personally I don't understand how people can be so rude as to not smile back. When a child, any child, in fact even when an adult smiles at me, I can't help but smile back. I don't know how people could resist a happy go lucky kid like your son! It just goes to show what happens to a society when manners are no longer considered an important part of our upbringing. Good Luck to you.




Read more discussions :