Saturday, October 24, 2009

What are my long-term health risks for not having a child by the age of 30 or older


What are my long-term health risks for not having a child by the age of 30 or older?
I am a 29 year old who is ready to start a family. However, my husband of 5 years is not ready to take this step. I am concerned about future infertility and health issues if I wait too long.
Trying to Conceive - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
dont be concerned about your health....think about what your kids will do with an old parent. old parents suck for kids!
2 :
I guess I'm one of those OLD parents. Believe me I am not even old NOW and I'm in my 50's. I had my sons at 29 and 33. You may find you have a diminishing fertility after 35- but then a woman 60 last week had twins. What benefit was it to be an older parent? We were both WELL established in out careers, (law and head nurse). We had homes, we had savings, we had I had time for them, and we were able to pay our own way.
3 :
I had my first child at the age of 35. There were no health risks. Nowadays, people like Madonna are having kids at the age of 40. But then again, she's got lots of help (nannies). The only negative thing is, I'm finding it really hard. My child has so much energy, and I get tired easily. I find it hard to keep up. I see other parents who had kids at a younger age, having an easier time. Also, I seem to be losing my patience a lot faster than when I was younger. This too, is not good for my child, or myself. You and your husband waited long enough. Have kids already! If he's not ready now, will he EVER be ready? Good luck.
4 :
I am over 30, but under 35, and am pregnant with my first. So far everything looks good. Why is your husband not ready yet? After five years, is he ever going to be ready? Sure, it's good to be cautious when it comes to finances, etc, but on the other hand, if you BOTH really want children, go for it, and usually everything will work out somehow.




 Read more discussions :