Saturday, August 8, 2009

Do you click on the Hunger, Breast Cancer, Child Health, Literacy, Rainforest, Animal Rescue sites


Do you click on the Hunger, Breast Cancer, Child Health, Literacy, Rainforest, Animal Rescue sites?
And how do we know if that really does any good? I have been clicking these sites almost everyday for months, but I have no way of knowing if it really does anything. How can a "click" generate money for these causes?? There is no advertising on these sites, and they only things they sell are Fair Trade, Global, Third World, etc.
Community Service - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
only if there about giving people brest cancer, hurting children, burining the rainforest, or puting animals in danger.
2 :
Websites can record the number of unique visitors that come to the site everyday. The higher that number the better the chance that other companies will pay to advertise on the website. The charity can then use the money they get from the companies to help it's cause.
3 :
I used to do that to. I don't know what good it does. Nothing I can see or touch. I have three dogs and two cats. When I need to buy them food, I buy extra and drop it off at the Humane Society. That way I know my time and money are really going somewhere. It's really going to feed an animal in need. Also, anytime I host a party, whether it's a Bridal Shower or Baby Shower or Birthday Party, I put in a little note in the invitation that they should bring 'things a pet will love'.. People who come to the parties often bring more for the animals then they do the honoree. And everyone is okay with that. Even the Bride to Be or Mother to Be. And we have gotten things ranging from toys to blankets to lots of food. This is how you make a difference.
4 :
It makes me feel good when I click on them, and if you think about it, it is a good way to get people to come to your website. Right now, dogpile.com (a combination of all the search engines like google) is doing a donation for every search. http://www.dogpile.com/ the number in the corner changes every time I go one, so they must be doing SOMETHING. I have heard that the advertisers pay the website, so every time you click and see the ad, the advertiser pays the website, and some of the money goes to a good cause. On this website, every time you get an answer right about a vocabulary question, 10 grains of rice are donated to an African country. http://www.freerice.com/index.php Pretty cool :)



Read more discussions :