Thursday, October 4, 2012

Health Department child immunization questions


Health Department child immunization questions. . .?
Here in Florida one can go to the local health department and get a child's shots free of charge as long as they are under 18. A couple of questions for you. 1. Is this everywhere in the United States? 2. Who is paying for the shots - the government/taxpayers, I guess? 3. Is it taking advantage of "the system" if one goes to get their child's shots there as opposed to paying $20 for each shot at their pediatrician's office if they can afford it? Thanks in advance:-) P.S. I asked this question in two categories - Government & Parenting as I think I may get a better selection of answers from different points of view.
Other - Politics & Government - 1 Answers
 


Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
1. Not everywhere. Some states have similar programs, but many run it on "ability to pay" situation. You are charged what you can financially handle. 2. Taxes pay for the shots. So you and I do overall. 3. I do think it is taking advantage of the system. Because if someone that can afford the charge does it for free, they are actually taking away from someone that may really need to get it for free. I don't feel that is right in any situation. I know that my insurance pays for my daughter's immunizations. We pay a charge for an office visit ($30 I believe), and the insurance company pays for all of the shots.





Read more discussions :