Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What is a holistic approach to improving bladder health in a child






What is a holistic approach to improving bladder health in a child?
She is very healthy, but seems to get alot of bladder infections. I don't like to use antibiotics unless really necessary. Any suggestions from people who know?
Other - Diseases - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
CRANBERRY JUICE
2 :
I agree with cranberry juice, but it can be kind of tart for a small child. You might try cran/apple or one of the other combinations. Also more water. Keep those kidneys and bladder flushed out.
3 :
I agree with the above. Another thing you might try is teaching her to wipe front to back instead of back to front to avoid contamination with E. coli from the anal area. It's the #1 cause of urinary tract infections regardless of age.
4 :
I've read that cranberry juice has a property that prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract as the urine passes by. I flat did not like it, but found it was not quite as bad if I poured it over ice and just sipped it. Diluting it just made it last longer. I did find that the combination with raspberry was just as effective, and much more pleasant to take. I never had to take castor oil, but heard it was bad, so I told myself to drink it, it's medicine, like having a shot, and just gag it down! I've finally learned to not mind drinking Cran-Raspberry, but only Ocean Spray brand. I've had more than a few kidney infections, but no longer go to a doctor, just drink another jug of juice. Saves a lot of time and money.




Read more discussion :