Sunday, September 16, 2012

should I have my child tested for... anything if I don't know his father's health history


should I have my child tested for... anything if I don't know his father's health history?
Whether I like it or not,the father of my child is out of the picture.I don't know anything about his health history and what kind of problems run in his family.I grew up without my biological father myself(my parents divorced),but my mother knows his medical history. I don't wanna stress out the child unnecessarely.My child's doctor seemed to take it in stride. My 1 year old son is a healthy child...How much should I worry?Would you ?Just popped into my head
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Unless he is actually having problems, do not have him tested. Why run tests on him if there is nothing wrong.
2 :
If i were you i would go to the fathers family ( if you know them) and ask their family history and roots) so when you child gets older he will have family names and conditions to go by. You should have your child tested for both your and your childs sake. Hope everything goes well.
3 :
I don't know my father's medical history. My mom might, but I don't know. It was never a concern. I'm 21 and healthy now. I wouldn't worry about it.
4 :
Stop worrying! My Mom never had a clue about her father's health history either (he died in an accident before she was born and his family lived out of the country). Yes, she had a problem, but it didn't come up until she was in her 20s and they just dealt with it then. Worry doesn't solve any problems, so just enjoy your son.
5 :
Why run tests on him if there is nothing wrong
6 :
I think you should stop worrying unnecessarily. If your child is found to be healthy on routine check up there is probably no need for further investigation. Remember that investigations also have certain limitations like false positive and false negative results. You cannot change your past. But you can ruin your present by needlessly worrying about your or your child's future. Take things as they come and be positive.
7 :
i didn't know Jordan's father's history either.but he is healthy,so i am not all too worried.his doctor isn't worried either.and if your doctor isn't you should stress too much about it.at 1 the medical history isn't that big a deal,when he gets older is when he might need it.like for cancer history,or heart problems at a young age in his family.but family history doesn't mean he would have those same problems.




Read more discussions :