Friday, July 4, 2008

Does my unborn child need health insurance




Does my unborn child need health insurance
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield (Individual plan) and they said if I want to add the baby I would have to change it to Family Plan and it would cost me 300 a month. There is no way I can afford that so I am trying to see what my options are. Does anyone know how this is gonna go when I deliver at the hospital, because I not not have insurance for the baby?? This is my first child and I am not familiar with this whole process.
Pregnancy - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes, you will need health insurance for your baby. When the baby is born, there will be quite a few check ups in the first couple months, and it would be a lot more expensive to not have it than to spend the 300 a month.
2 :
Your insurance will cover everything to include delivery - Its after this the baby won't have health coverage - which I would suggest you get so that shots and well baby check-ups are covered
3 :
You will need health insurance for the baby as of day one. Like said by someone else; it will be WAY more than the $300! I have insurance and the nursery bill (dr check for baby) was more than that (just for my part!) Sorry to add stress but it is better you asked it now so you can be prepared. You should have it!
4 :
Insurance companies will not write a child into an insurance policy that is not born yet. Insurance companies typically have a certain amount of time in which you have to add the child to the policy in order for them to cover any medical care to the child from birth. If you can't afford it try applying for Access but you should have insurance for your child. Wellness visits, vaccinations an anything else they do at the child's appointments are very expensive without coverage and babies are seen at the doctor ever 2 months after they are born.
5 :
When we went to preregister at the hospital last month I asked the lady registering us what happens the day the baby is born, when do we get him insurance? She said the first 30 days the baby is covered under us or myself (I'm on my husband insurance) after that he will need his own insurance of course, but the delivery is under me so I'm covered.
6 :
health-quotes.isgreat.org - try this one. My sister had no problem with her insurance coverage while being pregnant.




Read more discussions :