Saturday, December 4, 2010

parents health carrying on to child question


parents health carrying on to child question?
If I'm in my 20's, in perfect health and the father of the baby is in his 50's and his most significant health problem is kidney stones. He's passed several of them, this would carry on to our kids correct? Would it make more of a difference if the father passed any kidney stones before getting the mother pregnant or passing them after the kid was already born to the chances of the offspring getting kidney stones?
Other - Pregnancy & Parenting - 1 Answers
 





Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't see how his kidney stones could possibly affect the baby. The baby may have a chance of getting them as an adult, but I don't think it would be any greater than anyone else's chance of getting them. Why don't you ask a doctor to be sure, but I thought kidney stone were an isolated problem, not one that was passed on.




Read more discussions :