Monday, January 24, 2011

I want to be a child health advocate/volunteer. What do I need


I want to be a child health advocate/volunteer. What do I need??
Now, I dont want this as a career. I want to volunteer. I want to go around to local highschools and teach to them. I am still somewhat young (25). Dont you remember all those guest speakers you had in school? I want to teach them about AIDS, sex, pregnany, Love, STDS, All sorts of things that kids nowadays usually ignore. Do I need any special certification??
Parenting - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Schools aren't going to let just anybody come in and be a guest speaker, specifically about the topics you mention. If this is something that is important to you, why don't you make it a career, or at least incorporate working with young people into your career in some way?
2 :
You need to remain in your college and when your older you may qualify for this sensitive, serious position. But , from reading your questions, I don't think you would fit in , for this job with Children. The School systems have plenty of Education classes, that you refer too. Why don't you volunteer at a Church food program. Where they feed the poor and distribute food to the needy? Help distribute warm coats for all the down trodden families. You could volunteer to distribute Meals on Wheels for the elderly. You won't need a special certificate to do that. Or the Salvation Army needs bell ringers. The list goes on and on. ( Pregnancy)




Read more discussions :