Wednesday, January 12, 2011

why is important to inform the school of the changes in a child's health status


why is important to inform the school of the changes in a child's health status?

Primary & Secondary Education - 1 Answers





Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your child's teachers should be aware of what is impacting his or her education. For example, I had a student earlier this year that I knew something was off about him, but couldn't put my finger on it. Turns out, he had been having seizures in my classroom (not the major kind) and I had no idea until the mother told me a good month into the school year. There are so many outside factors in learning- health is just one of them. Teachers have to be aware of what might be causing your child's performance to drop, behavior to be less than acceptable, or just to let you know of any important changes or reactions we might see. We have your kids for eight hours a day, 180 days a year. Why wouldn't you want someone who has that much influence over your child to not know something is different- it could even save their life!





Read more discussions :