Sunday, January 24, 2010

The difference in child and adult mental health


The difference in child and adult mental health?
I am 18 and have just recently changed over from childrens mental health to adult. I was seeing a child therapist. I had my appointment the other day at the MH outpatients clinic and I seen such a difference, I was getting assessed to see what help I would need and who I would need to talk to. The lady that was assessing me made me feel so uncomfortable, it was so much more formal and different, even the way she spoke, she hardly smiled at all, she didn't even wait for me when walking down to her room, she seemed to run on ahead of me, because of this I felt it was difficult to tell her important facts about how I was feeling so I dont think she has made a proper assessment and I dont want to go back. I prefer where I was, childrens is so much better
Mental Health - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the happy smiling therapists of children's psychiatrics are gone, honey. you may find one that's easier for you to talk to, though. if you feel uncomfortable with your therapist tell her, maybe you can switch to someone who's easier for you to open up to and seems less judging. anyway, eventually you'll let go and learn that these people are really serious about helping you, and the smiling is for children to make them comfortable. since you aren't a child anymore, maybe you should get serious about helping you too.





Read more discussions :