Saturday, January 16, 2010

why do you trust yahoo answers with questions about your child's health


why do you trust yahoo answers with questions about your child's health?
why not ask a doctor or read a book or google your question? by ask a doctor i mean "call" and ask the doctor. phone calls are cheap. midnight - i did not know that and my dad is a surgeon. i completely believe you but i guess i just didn't know that because he didn't charge people to ask questions over the phone.
Parenting - 14 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Instant results? and its free? instant? besides its probably just for a little advice or tip tidbit. but if i t was something serious that needed my actual full attention,i wouldnt
2 :
I wonder the same thing. Some questions on here are so weird...you think they would call the dr instead of being on here! I would call the dr THEN get suggestions on here. Like if I was bleeding while pregnant..I wouldn't get on here and ask if is its normal.
3 :
I think that they are not really having health problems, they are just seeking attention.
4 :
i don't trust yahoo answer especially if i should be taking my child to the doctor instead of waiting on a answer from yahoo. but ive ask and i got good results. thanks to everyone who answer my question.
5 :
I would read book. I go here for fun, I would not trust some of these loser with my daughter life.
6 :
sometimes strangers have the answer!!! i took my daughter 2 doctors for 8 years to find out whats the matter with her bladder--a yahoo answerer gave me a story of her--i went to doc -asked for test-got my answer!!! as they say you have to live it to know it!
7 :
Because there are people here who have experience dealing with most of this stuff. As far as going to the doc.... Do you have any clue how many people in the US cannot afford to see a doctor? There are tons of people without insurance and even more that just flat out cant afford to go. Of course, your children's health should come first, but at what point do you decide to take your child to the doc over a fever that you know is a result of teething, just to be told its because she is teething, and now because you had to pay the doc fees you cant pay your electric bill. Most people choose being able to eat and pay the electric.
8 :
don't. yahoo answers only gives you ideas on what to do or what to read. yahoo answerer maybe anybody, a child, teenager, adults, doctors, or freaks. the best person who can answer your questions about your child's health is your pediatrician. your mother can help too and other mothers who respond to yahoo answers.
9 :
There are other parents that have gone through the same situation and have some advice to offer. I always call the Dr when I am in doubt. It is interesting to see how common the issue is. It's mostly seeking support.
10 :
(With Pregnancy Questions) Doctors can be ignorant. I know when I ask my doctor lots of question he tends to get irritated. So, I find it easier to ask questions on Yahoo to people who have had certain experiences. Its better than feeling like a nuisance to your doctor. However, if I feel I need to ask the doctor a certain question than I do.
11 :
I refuse to trust that type of information. experience or not a person can not diagnose over a computer or phone. google doesn't work either. why trust your child's life to the internet? i always call the doctor and get in or i call my mom who is an RN and even she can only tell me so much before she tells me she can't diagnose my kids over the phone. i know simple things are not an issue but hearing a person telling the world their child has a fever of 103*f for 3 days then asking what to do is ridiculous. duh! take them to the doctor. i think it all boils down to a lack in common sense.
12 :
I don't. I don't know why some people do.
13 :
Yahoo Answers are just ideas for you. You can get answers frpm the people around the world. Reading books takes long time to find answer, but it can make you smart. Calling doctor may not give you the answers. Iuse to google answers by myself, yahooisfor fun. There are manyanswers canbe trusted, but if I don't know the answer? Ican't trust them.
14 :
I don't trust anyone on yahoo with my child's health, nor do I ask questions regarding my child's health here. I agree, if you don't know CALL the doctor and ask them! That's what they get paid for and they will have a better idea of the child's health records and how to help than some random person on yahoo!




 Read more discussions :