Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If I have my child on my employer health insurance,who would be responsible for co-pays etc. after age 18


If I have my child on my employer health insurance,who would be responsible for co-pays etc. after age 18?
They will cover children until age 26 but will I still be responsible for any money due that my child that is an adult doesn't pay. And are there any other insurance options out there for 18 year olds who of course usually don't have a good enough job that supplies insurance.
Insurance - 5 Answers



Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have a friend who put her son with Care First & pays $71 a month he is 25 now. So you are free to buy ins. where every you want. I am not sure I understand your question about co-pays. I would assume whatever an adult pays that would be what you adult son or daugher would have to pay.
2 :
Technically, you, the subscriber, can be held responsible for all your "dependents" on your health insurance. The option, is going out there to buy private health insurance. Frankly, if they're healthy and not overweight, it's probably going to be cheaper to buy them a private policy, than go through the group coverage - unless you have other kids already on there.
3 :
You are as the policyholder.
4 :
The adult child (not the primary insured) is responsible for whatever the insurance does not cover - unless you previously agreed in writing with the provider to be the "responsible party." It doesn't make any difference if the coverage is under your policy.
5 :
you are - you are the policyholder - however, you can tell your child that he/she needs to reimburse you for any out of pocket expenses you incur, and you can remove them from your policy at any time.




Read more discussions :