Thursday, February 24, 2011

I do not want to have a child. Will it affect my health in any way


I do not want to have a child. Will it affect my health in any way?
I m 31. married. me and husband both do not want to have a child. will i develop any kind of gynaec or other problems becoz of not undergoing child birth.
Women's Health - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Whoa....Im sorry but I think this is pretty serious. Many women with this problem end up dieing. You have a VERY slim chance of living. Im not joking. You can die any minute now! Go see a doctor IMMEDIATELY! Call 911! HURRY!
2 :
Good grief, no! You will probably experience better health. And less stress in your life. You won't be tied down and you won't have all those worries about your children. Now, go on and enjoy your freedom!
3 :
No you shouldn't.I think you will be just fine,but if you are very worried you should go to a gyno and talk about it...
4 :
no way. i know this lady in her 70s thats never had a baby and she's still very healthy
5 :
Not everyone wants to have kids. You should not experience health concerns from not having a child, but you should, however consult your physician to speak about this, and get a regular check up. You may find that as you get older you will change your mind, or decide to adopt. Good luck.
6 :
I have also chosen to be childless - I am not a maternal type. I am also older and as I approach menopause, I am having less problems with this than most of my friends and relatives who have had children. I am not sure if this is connected but I have two aunties who also chose not to have children and they said that their menopauses have been very minor and not uncomfortable. None of them have had any serious gynocological problems as the result. I do not think it affects your vulnerability to cancer either - cancer is genetic or environmental so having a child (or not) does not have any affect on this. Frankly I think having children actually affects one's health in more ways - the process of being pregnant, while a beautiful thing, is not easy on everyone, and there can be complications. Also the stress of childrearing, raising a family, etc has emotional impact on those who might not be prepared or are unable to cope. (men or women). The hardest thing to deal with is when you make a choice to not have children, is the psychological pressures that others press on you "When are you going to have children?" "no? why not? what's wrong?" etc etc. This can be a drain and it would be helpful to you to understand that this choice is yours and you are ok with it and that no one should make you feel guilty. Have a great life with your husband! There are obviously financial benefits to not having children too!
7 :
you don't need to have a child, women are not obliged to have a child. it is a personnal choice. Look men don't have child and they are fine......so many women don't have child and are maybe in better health than other with child because they didn't put this stress on their body
8 :
Congratulations! My girlfriend just had a hysterectomy. Neither of us have children. I honestly think her issue was strictly hereditary. Both her and her grandmother had hysterectomies. We belong to a “Childfree” group. None of the women ever mentioned having any problems. I know quite a few “Childfree” people. None of the women ever mentioned any health problems.



Read more discussions :