Friday, February 4, 2011

what are the health problems from having another child within 3 years of giving birth


what are the health problems from having another child within 3 years of giving birth?
Well everyone keeps telling me to wait at least 2-3 years because of health risks for me. Some long term....
Pregnancy - 15 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
none
2 :
I don't think there are any health risks at all, I've never heard of that. My kids are two years apart and I don't have any health problems from it.
3 :
I think it should be fairly safe. Doctors usually like you to wait a year after having a baby.
4 :
Health problems for the mother? Or health problems for the baby? In either case, I am pretty sure there is no real risk involved in having babies three years apart, unless you are high risk due to a disease you may have. I had my babies two years apart and none of us suffered any health problems.
5 :
i don't think there is any problems.
6 :
none most of the ppl i know had kids 2-3 years apart
7 :
None if your health haven't change since you got pregnant before
8 :
I can't imagine how it would negatively affect your body aside from the normal pregnancy problems. I had my two littlest ones 14 months apart. That was havoc on my body, but I'm fine. Good luck to you!
9 :
none. i had my second child almost 2 years exactly after the first. my doctor recommended waiting a year in between giving birth and getting pregnant again, but that was all.
10 :
There are none... My son was 1.5 when I got pregnant with my twins but I wasn't treated differently because of that. I know you are considered "high risk" if you get pregnant within 6 months of having a baby, but 3 years...actually I am pregnant right now and my twins were just a month shy of being 3 and there are no problems with this one either! That is a good length of time! Mommy to 5 y.o., 3 y.o. twins and 33 weeks pregnant with baby #4
11 :
u shouldn't have any problem. only way i could image u having health problems with having another child would be if u had them before or your up in age.
12 :
nothing i mean look at birtney spears she had 2 kids a like a little less than 2 yrs lol and they are cute healthy babies
13 :
Women can maximize their chances of having healthy babies by spacing their pregnancies at least 18 months but no more than five years apart, according to a new report. Researchers reached that conclusion after an analysis of 67 international studies involving more than 11 million pregnancies. The analysis found that spacing babies too close together or too far apart raises the risk of complications such as premature births and low birth weight. The findings suggest that millions of infant deaths could be avoided worldwide with better family planning, said co-author Dr. Agustin Conde-Agudelo of Santa Fe de Bogota Foundation in Colombia. “The financial cost of birth-spacing programs is lower than the financial cost of infant deaths, of course,� Conde-Agudelo said. Pregnancy and nursing use up nutrients in a woman’s body, he said, and for a woman to get pregnant again before she has a chance to recover nutritionally may mean higher risks for the baby. As for why long intervals between births cause problems too, he speculated that time could diminish a woman’s reproductive capacity and that factors that decrease fertility also could lead to poor fetal development. The analysis found that for each month under 18 months between pregnancies, the risk of premature birth increased 1.9 percent. For each month longer than 59 months between pregnancies, the chances of premature birth climbed 0.6 percent. [read more using the link]
14 :
My grandma had 12 kids, the majority are just less than a year apart. she's been ok all her life until recently but thats just down to old age now.
15 :
none, my doctor said everything will be fine. my son just turned 2 march 3rd and i'm 24 weeks pregnant. good luck and congrats p.s. people have had children right after the other with no problems




 Read more discussions :