Saturday, May 8, 2010

Child Custody: How to prepare for a Mental Health Evaluation


Child Custody: How to prepare for a Mental Health Evaluation?
Im currently in going through a child custody case. The Court has ordered that we the parents be evaluated separately then the child. Im curious if anyone has been through this and if anyone knows what these test consists of?
Psychology - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
both me and my kids and my ex were put through that. He convinced the courts I might have mental problems but they made him go too. BTW, I still have custody, they found more wrong with him..LOL Don't worry they can find something wrong with everyone.......We all had our tests done separately but mine consisted of talking about the relationship and my family life growing up, interpretting pictures to determine how your mind thinks, answering a 500 page true or false survey and a few shorter parenting ones.... I am sure each psychologist does things a little different but just relax and be honest and I am sure you'll do fine.......I wasn't allowed in the room during the oldest child's evaluation, he is eight but I think he was mostly asked questions about the relationship he has with each parent, he too I think was shown photos and asked what the people in them were doing. My youngest wouldn't let me leave and he was asked to draw a circle, a line etc on a paper and determine if faces were smiling, frowning etc and shown pictures as well.... He is four... I hope this helps you.....






Read more discussions :