Friday, August 20, 2010

Child Health Insurance Program Turned Down By Republicans


Child Health Insurance Program Turned Down By Republicans?
I just read that top Senior Republicans are telling Bush to veto a bill that would increase cigarette tax by 61 cents , that money would go to a program that gives health insurance to children who's families who don't qualify for Medicaid because they make too much , but not nearly enough to afford private insurance. The proposed budget was $35 billion, it would be cut to short of $5 billion. I ask you people, how on earth could you possibly turn down a program such as this? Are you purely inhuman? The majority of Americans are middle to lower class and can't afford any form of insurance, so they pay dearly when their children go to the hospital and many are forced into debt. I ask you, is this fair? Name one good reason this program SHOULDN'T pass! Normally I don't single out responders but Jeepers Peepers 321 has to be the dumbest person I've had post on any question. Most people post with sense, even if I DON'T agree with them , so please, don't misunderstand me, but his ignorant "fact" speaks volumes of his self. 85% of americans have insurance? Ok , if that's true how come we are the only country in the freeworld ( i.e Commerce successful) without a National Health Service? Get the facts straight before you put your foot in your mouth chief.
Other - Politics & Government - 6 Answers


 Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sounds about right brace yourself for a lot of wierd news the repubs are going out with style
2 :
I don't know. I run my own business and although I make 6 figures I cannot cover afford to cover myself monthly, but my two children are covered through NYS child health plus. It's a high deductible, but quality affordable health care. That veto plan is disgusting.
3 :
How about the fact that our country is 6 trillion dollars in debt???......Anyone? Anyone care about that?......That's what I thought.....
4 :
It seems consistent with their standard platform stances against increases in taxes.
5 :
The majority of americans cannot afford any form of insurance ?? Ah, 85% of americans have health insurance already. When did 15% become the majority? How could they turn it down ? The same way the democrats tried to kill providing prescription drugs for senior citizens. The same way democrats killed national health care in 1973, 1978 and 1994.
6 :
I agree with Jeeper_peeper3
7 :
No doubt the easiest way to get insurance quotes is on the web. Why would you waste your time on the phone calling around? the last time i needed quotes on insurance i used one of these comparison sites and it was great. this is the site i used and it was quick like less than 5 mins. The last thing I want to do is listen to elevator music while waiting for a salesman. Anyway I got good quotes and ended up saving money so I was happy. So shop around and compare quotes which is easy on the net. Good starting point is at this site. http://insurance.deal4-you.com Good luck.



Read more discussions :